Thursday, October 18, 2007

pumpkin patch (not so much) fun

Why? Why do I get these great ideas in my head ?

My idea of the evening:

Get the kids in their costumes,go take amazing/stress free pictures at the pumpkin patch,let the boys run and play,pick our pumpkins,Bobby and I reflect on how wonderful our family is and maybe go out for a nice relaxing family dinner.

How the night really played out:
Got the kids in their costumes but of course the boys costumes came with swords..so they beat the crap out of each other before we were even loaded in the van...crying.Avery being the spoiled princess that she is decided to chime in and scream all the way there. Bobby and I were at each others throats cause he suggest we go another night.How dare he! This was going to be a wonderful family fun night,right?

So we get to the patch,pose the kids and for some reason I forgot that I have a 7 year old with ADHD, a 3 year old smart ass and a cranky 3 month old. I did get a few "cute" pics but not the amazing,"Wow, Grace is an amazing photographer pictures". Out of about 20, 2 pictures have all 3 kids looking in the same direction.
To top our memrable pumpkin patch visit, the boys rolled down a hill there and got their costumes covered in hay and we lost Avery's "taggy" blanket!
And for dinner you ask?? We stopped in and got a $5.00 pizza from Little Ceasars.





Avery hadn't calmed down yet for this one

This is one with the boys making pirate faces!

Avery looks like she is thinking,"Why is my mom doing this to me"???

5 comments:

Grace said...

sorry,didn't do a spell check before I hit publish!!

Laurie said...

Everything always seems like a much better idea in my head. Take, for example, the Ren Fest in 90 degree weather.

*sigh*

ps- you can go back and edit your post by going to your dashboard and clicking on posting :)

Mandi said...

SO Cute! They look like angel-pirates. I guess pictures could be deceiving :)

LeShayne said...

Love the matching costumes. I have similiar big ideas but so far we have not yet agreed on costumes...so my kids are going to a fall fest tomorrow in Walmart Halloween tees, no amazing photos happening for us either I'm guessing!

Anonymous said...

Been there; done that! After taking OVER 200 pictures, I settled on one that was "just ok" for the boys' Christmas picture. And I only have TWO kids!

Felt your pain (but laughed at the same time -- sorry!)