Tuesday, October 9, 2007

2007 Buddy Walk







We went to NC this past weekend to walk with our good friends in this years Buddy Walk.
The Buddy Walk was established in 1995 by the National Down Syndrome Society to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome.
We had an amazing weekend and I believe I have been changed forever.
My friend Laurie(Chase's Mommy) shows more strength,courage and honesty than any woman I have ever met. Chase has been so very blessed with such a wonderful mommy. I just wish I could look into the future and tell her that everything will be OK. Motherhood is difficult enough as it is and no one prepares us for all the challenges we will face while raising our kids,all the worries,the what if's,the tearful joys and all the bumps and bruises along the way. I know that God wont give us more than we can handle and Chase just proves how strong his Mommy really is. When I saw Chase for the first time in person I was overwhelmed with a sense of peace and understanding, I felt such a draw towards him and the only way I can explain it is that he is surrounded by the presence of God...now how can you say that all children aren't a blessing?









2 comments:

Laurie said...

Dammit Grace! You made me cry!

We loved having you guys up here. Thanks :)

Rhiannon said...

That is a great pic of Laurie and Chase! Too precious! Glad you guys had a good time. I wish we could have made it.