Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bunk Bed Hell


To make more room in the boys room we put their beds back together as bunk beds. Bruno on the bottom,Drew on top. The other night(early morning 5:15am) We were all sleeping and woke up to a load boom. Drew rolled right out of his bed in his sleep smack onto the train table.He hurt his back pretty bad,it was swollen and bruised. I cried my eyes out I felt like the worlds worst Mommy. Drew was in so much pain and I couldn't do a thing for him. After an early call to the Ped. he reassured me that if Drew wasnt't peeing blood and could touch his toes ,he was fine.
And if that wasnt't enough. This morning while playing pirates,he leaned a little too far out of the top and whacked his forehead on the ceiling fan. He now has a cut and a huge blue goose egg on his head. Yeah,it's time to take down the bunk beds.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

OH, MAN!

Bunk beds have always scared me. By the time they are old enough to sleep in them, they are just brave (stupid?) enough to jump off of them!!!