Saturday, April 19, 2008

Field Day

Friday was Drew's very 1st Field Day! I have such fond memories of my Elementary School days participating in field day events. Now back in the day, they used to do it up. We all had team shirts,we would sign up for events and there was a trophy awarded to the best team at the end of the day. So it was really important for me to be there for Drew.When Bobby and I walked in,his face lit up!
It was the school's first year doing a field day so it was a little bit chaotic. I really should be an events planner-Although I enjoyed spending time with Drew my mind was being overloaded with ideas on how I would pull off such an event! Plus with Drew having ADHD-We walked from event to event,waited for about a minute in line,then he would decide to go to another line..Ahhh!!!



The water in a bucket sponge race
Squeeze out that water
Bobby and Drewbie
Nothing like hauling a 93 lb 8 year old around!!
The potato sack race- I was just waiting for Bobby's feet to pop out of the bottom of the sack
Mommy and her big boy..who was too embarrassed to kiss me at school!
Giving it his all in the sack race
OK-Drew does not get those legs from me-look how long they are
Showing some School Pride
The flying leap

Although it felt like 100 degrees outside- I am so so happy we went and shared this time with Drew. It's so hard with 3 kids to give them all one on one quality time.Drew's teacher even sent me a thank you email for coming. It was funny the first thing out of Drew's mouth when he saw us was,"Where's Bruno?"

No comments: