Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Results

I am so sorry I am just now posting this.

I have told this story countless times this past week.

Bobby and I took Avery to the Neurosurgeon's office this past Tuesday. After a neurological exam by the PA with Avery trying to pull off her glasses and eating her little tape measure, the Dr came in....He sat down and just started to stare at Avery. He takes out his measuring tape and asks to measure our heads.Both our heads are 60cm,which are off the charts..Did I really need a neurosurgeon to tell me I had a big head?? I am a Mayes,that's how we come out!

He then tells us,"I think you have nothing to worry about"
Now thank God I am married to a man like Bobby who WILL NOT keep his mouth shut and/or just let things slide.
Bobby spoke up and told him that unless he could tell us that she is perfectly healthy and that we have absolutely nothing to worry about,
we want further testing done asap!

Dr (forgot his name) took off his glasses looked us both in the eyes and said,
"I have been a neurosurgeon for 29 yrs, your daughter is perfectly healthy and you have absolutely nothing to worry about!"
Our eyes just weld up with tears of unbelievable joy!
And I felt like I could exhale for the first time in 2 weeks.
We thanked him and parted ways.


So now we call Avery,"Baby Bucket Head"!

Thank you all for your support/thoughts and most of all your prayers!

God is Good!

***the extra CSF that showed up in the CT will absorb itself naturally and the enlarged ventricle ,the Dr thinks is genetic.He said both are within the variation of what they consider normal.
His exact words were...
Big head=big
ventricles-
Big
ventricles=extra Cerebral Spinal Fluid***

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

That is wonderful news!! I am so glad everything turned out ok.

Laurie said...

Whew! Go celebrate :)

Mandi said...

YESSSSS. That's great news!